Round 1 - Pizzey Park - Sunday afternoon March 1
Start your collection TODAY… late registrations from 3.15pm
• Race Precinct – between swimming pool and Skate Park
• Race day schedule, distances and categories:
11,12 & 13 year old Males & Females
|2 laps of 1500m loop|
5 & Under, 6 & 7 year old Males & Females
|1 lap of 1500m loop|
14/15yr M & F, 16/17yr F + Open M&F
|2 laps of 2km loop|
8, 9, 10yr old M & F
|1 lap of 2km loop|
18/19 Males & Open M & F Categories
|3 laps of 3km loop|
16/17yr Males, 18/19 Females + Open M & F
|2 laps of 3km loop|
* Note 9km event replaces standard distance 8km event for 18/19 Males (a bonus km for) 18/19 men; for this round only.
• Category results for the ages where this is the appropriate distance.
• There will also be an OPEN category for everyone ABOVE the correct age for distances 4k and above.
• Anyone choosing to race ‘up’ in distance (more than their standard championship distance) will fall into the next available category.
There will be water on course and a Recovery Tent (which shall double as an aid station for loop races) with water, fruit and sports drink. The team from Gold Coast Physio & Sports Health will also be on site to get you ready and share their helpful advice!
The focus is on fun but racing is fun too and an important skill to develop so we will acknowledge our category winners with a medal and the placegetters with a Flirt with Dirt certificate.
Come prepared for some fun; we will have live music, an inflatable waterslide and face painting. Bring your marquees, picnic blankets and camp chairs and enjoy the afternoon!